At Laurel Computer, we are talented, professional business technology consultants. We listen. We ask good questions. We identify your needs first – whether they’re spoken or assumed – and then we present smart solutions.
These solutions are not always technical. We appreciate that sometimes the problem is with the business process – neither the website or mobile application nor just the technical system. Usually, the opportunity to improve exists in a combination of all three.
Good news for you: We specialize in all three.
At Laurel Computer, we specialize in:
- Data-driven website development
- Systems integration
- Mobile applications
Read more about each service below:
Your website is more than just pretty pictures. It’s how you show up to the world.
At Laurel Computer, we partner with a diverse array of talented, visual designers, writers, and graphics professionals, so that your website not only “looks good”, but also functions consistently well.
We see it like this: your website should work FOR you, so we’ll do whatever we can to make sure it’s supporting you and your business appropriately.
When we talk about “web development”, here’s what we’re capable of creating for you:
- Programs that run on the web server which include your website, e-commerce, PHP, or server scripts.
- The database that holds the critical information that power your website’s interactive features.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are more than comfortable and capable of working on all areas of this “stack”. Truth be told, on a typical day, we bounce between all three.
So, what does all that mean for you, our client?
When your website needs anything – and we mean anything – we’ve got your back. You call one number for any and all of your website’s needs. Because the team that built and knows your website, can solve anything it’s struggling with which means you’ll have a faster solutions to your needs and there’s no loss of information between problem and solution. (Translation: No game of telephone.)
The Nitty Gritty:
Laurel Computer can set up and consistently maintain your:
- WordPress or Joomla or other CMS
- E-commerce store or e-commerce integration for your CMS
- Registration forms and reporting needs
Laurel Computer can create:
- All web services and integrations capable of interacting with other systems
- Analytics and reporting for how your clients are using the site
- Set up services with other systems and integrate into the website (Good examples: HIPAA compliant registration forms, online ordering and payment, etc.)
We aren’t talking portable Spinach and Artichoke dip here. (Thought that sounds like a great idea, right?)
A mobile app – whether it’s iOS, Android or even a Windows phone – can engage and empower your customers more strategically than just your website.
A mobile app is advertising for YOU — a pint-sized billboard on your customer’s phone or tablet that keeps your business top of mind. It can also help a customer to pick up where they left off in a way that mobile websites struggle to do.
Here’s how: Mobile apps work “offline” which means that they bring value to your customers when they’re away from cellular and Wifi coverage — and can help them save on their data minutes! Apps take advantage of the capabilities of that respective mobile device; they access the camera, photos, contacts, notifications, location/GPS, accelerometer, among other phone features.
Here’s why: Truth of the matter is that while some integration is possible through the website, your reach is further and stronger with a well-designed mobile app.
A mobile app makes the following services possible for you and your business:
- Build an accurate, customized contact list or business directory that updates consistently and in real-time
- Provides employees and technicians with installation instructions and references when they’re on the job site and off the grid
- Register attendees for an event and send them updates to keep them well-informed on alerts or changes that might save them time, money, or energy
- Provide an educational resource with quizzes, games and stories in line with your target focus
- Create a branded platform that integrates content from your website and other sources
… Greater than the sum of its parts
At Laurel Computer, we often hear from a prospect client that their business just needs a new website.
What we’ve come to understand though, is that what they need to kick their business up a notch isn’t limited to just the website itself.
Because your online presence is more than just the website.
It’s your online store or e-commerce solution; it’s your email and newsletter drip campaign strategy; it’s your SMS integration; it’s your web-based appointments; it’s your online gift certificates; it’s your Wifi portal and email capture…
It’s all the platforms you need to integrate with your website to reach your clients.
If all you have is a hammer …
At Laurel Computer, we work with more than just one CMS, more than one e-commerce backend, more than one newsletter system, more than one database. (You get the picture.)
The magic (our magic) is finding the right tool, the right integration solutions for your particular website, so that we can grow your website to be your online business platform.